The Small Press section of the Exhibits Hall is intended for small, self-published webcomics, doujinshi circles, aspiring manga-ka.
In order to qualify for the small press area, you must fit into the following criteria:
- All artwork or writing in any form must be done by you, or one of the artists/authors in your company/group.
- You must have the rights to sell your work.
- You must have something in print to sell. This can be posters/prints, comics/manga, art books etc.
- All merchandise must be art or writing related. You cannot sell anything that you or a group member did not have a hand in creating.
- Fanart must be limited to the peripheral. If your main products are fanart centric, then small press is not for you.
If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, please submit an application for review. Booth space is limited, so please be sure all information is correct and up-to-date before submitting.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Small Press?
Small Press is a section of the Exhibits hall dedicated to the hard-working, self-publishing sector of the manga and comic book world. Webcomics, self-published manga, comics and books cover artists, and doujinshi circles are all excellent candidates for a small press booth.
Is there a Jury Process?
Unlike the Artist Alley, we do jury submissions to the Small Press section for content only. We want to make sure that anyone that gets a booth in this section fits all the criteria. No applicants will be turned away based on artistic ability or personal aesthetics.
How much is it?
Small Press is $400 for a 10x10 ft booth and two badges to the convention. All Small Press booths are corner booth spaces.
Where is it located?
Inside the Exhibits Hall
Can I get more than one booth?
Small Press is limited to one booth per group.
I only sell fanart, is that ok?
While artists in Small Press may sell limited amounts of fanart, it cannot be their focus. Fan artists are more than welcome in the Artist Alley, however.
This sounds like something I'd be interested in, how do I apply?
Send an e-mail to Small Press with the following information:Name/ Name of group:
What you sell: (try to be as complete as possible, including fanart and handmade goods)
Links to your comic, manga, artbook etc.
Lacking this, please attach photos of your work to the email.
0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds until the Party Starts!
Disclaimer | Unless otherwise noted, all content copyright ANCEA/Sakura-Con, a 501(c)(3) organization.