Costume Contest Rules
- There will be 3 categories:
Novice: There are no pre-requisites for this category.
Journeyman: Have entered in at least one Costume Contest
Masters: Have entered in at least two Costume Contests or received at least one award.
- The Costume portion of the Cosplay Contest will be judged on two factors:
- Reference pictures AND progress pictures will be required this time. Reference pictures include screen captures or any other official medium that reveals the character's full costume. There will be a minimum of three reference pictures required. They should reveal different views of the character (i.e. front, back, sides). The three reference pictures MUST be submitted in digital format with your entry form. You will NOT be required to bring your reference pictures with you at the time of judging because we will already have them on our tablet. You do NOT need to bring them to the Cosplay Pre-Meeting.
- Original Characters WILL be allowed into the competition this year. While the OC cosplays will not be eligible for the Best In Show award, there is a Best OC award we will be introducing. OC cosplay entries are limited to 5 slots.
- All costumes and props worn for judging must be the work of the contestant or a non-professional friend/family member without monetary compensation who will be present at the time of judging to answer any questions that the judges may have regarding its creation.
- Costumes that have been purchased, rented, or commissioned are prohibited and will result in disqualification. Found item cosplays are allowed, however it is required that the contestant has made a minimum of 70% of the costume.
- All costumes must adhere to the Sakura-Con policies. No live steel, no functioning or previously functioning projectile weapons, no indecent exposure, etc... http://sakuracon.org/aboutus/policies.php
- There will be music playing for each showcase. Please send an MP3 track at the time of submission if you wish to have your own music track playing. If you do not send an MP3 track, we will automatically select music to be played during your showcase.
- There will be a maximum of 20 slots allowed to compete in the Costume Judging Contest. This may be subject the change depending on the time allotted for this Contest. An individual or a group take up 1 slot.
- We will be implementing a maximum group limit of 7. Also, if you enter as a group, you will be judged as a group.
- Judge reserve the right to change your category (i.e. from Novice to Journeynman, from Master to Journeyman, etc.) if they deem that your cosplay was entered at a level too far below or above the appropriate category.
- Audio for walk-ons is limited to 1 minute and 30 seconds. That is the maximum amount of time you have to perform your walk-on. I realize that many of you will finish WELL below this time limit, but this is also to accommodate for the larger-than-life cosplays since they are typically harder to move around in.
(Please keep in mind that this year, those serve as a guidelines. Refer to Rule #11 for details)
We are doing away with the point system this year, and adopting the A/B/C grading system.
329 days, 4 hours, 12 minutes, 18 seconds until the Party Starts!
Disclaimer | All content copyright ANCEA/Sakura-Con unless otherwise noted.