Skit Contest Rules
- There will be 3 categories:
Novice: There are no pre-requisites for this category.
Journeyman: Have performed at least one skit in a Cosplay Masquerade/Contest
Masters: Have performed at least two skits in a Cosplay Masquerade/Contest or received at least one skit award.
- Skit length is NOT to exceed 3 minute and 30 seconds. Skits should be planned with this time limit in mind. The submitted audio file for a skit should not exceed 3 minutes and 30 seconds. Anything over that will NOT will be accepted.
- There will be 30 seconds of setup time allowed, IF NEEDED. These 30 seconds will NOT be allowed to extend the time of your skit. If you do not need setup time, your skit should still not exceed 3 minutes and 30 seconds. If your skit requires setup, then it should be planned ahead of time to be completed within 30 seconds. Skit audio will automatically start at the 30 second mark if setup is taking too long.
- There will be a total of 30 groups max allowed for the Cosplay Skit Contest.
- Pre-recorded audio must be submitted in MP3 format with your entry. Other formats will not be allowed. There will be no live recordings provided at the convention. There will also be no microphones on stage for skit use. Everything has to be pre-recorded. If you are having issues exporting your audio as an MP3, please email me at email@example.com and I will try to assist you with the technical issue. Please keep in mind though that you are ultimately responsible for submitting your audio.
- Groups may not exceed 10 persons. This includes stage ninjas.
- No stage ninjas will be provided. If your skit has stage ninjas, they must be listed on the Cosplay Skit Contest entry form and count towards the number of persons in your skit.
- There will be a REQUIRED pre-meeting for the Cosplay Skit Contest and Cosplay Judging at the convention. Day and times will be posted in the Sakuracon schedule guide. Failure to attend this required meeting will result in a disqualification.
- If your skit requires lighting affects, they must be noted on the Cosplay Submission Form. An example of a lighting affect would be keeping the lights dimmed prior to your skit starting.
- This is a PG event. Please keep this in mind when thinking up the content of your skit and/or acting out gestures on stage. If you come up with something and are not sure if it would be appropriate or not for this event, please email me as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No substances such as liquid or confetti are allowed on stage. No props or items may be thrown on stage unless cleared by the Cosplay Coordinator. Violation of this rule will result in disqualification. If there is something you are planning for your skit that falls on a gray line, please email me as soon as possible at email@example.com so that I can evaluate it.
- There will be no signups for the Skit Contest at the time of the convention. All submissions must be turned in prior to the deadline. There will be a viewable list of all the groups who have submitted an entry in this original post. Once all 30 slots have filled up, I will begin keeping a Waiting List. If you are on the Waiting List, and a group who made it into the top 30 drops or doesn.t show up to the mandatory Pre-Meeting, the first group on the Waiting List will take their place. So, if you are still on the Waiting List by time convention rolls around, come to the Pre-Meeting because you might just get in! Any group not present at the mandatory Pre-Meeting will be dropped. All submissions are to be made by March 10, 2013.
301 days, 21 hours, 0 minutes, 59 seconds until the Party Starts!
Disclaimer | All content copyright ANCEA/Sakura-Con unless otherwise noted.