Membership has very limited openings for Comptrollers and has 1 opening for an Assistant Comptroller Manager. The Comptroller role is in charge of reconciling multiple tills, as well as handling other cash needs for the convention. Basic qualifications for this role are:
- 1+ year previous experience cash reconciling, such as bank teller work or time in a cash handling supervisory role, with an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong 10-key and typing skills
- Accuracy, with strong attention to detail and focus on quality
- Good listening skills
Registration is always looking for more general staff. As the first contact with most attendees, customer service is paramount to being a successful Reg staffer. Previous computer skills, cash handling skills, and extensive customer service skills are a must. However, we do have a few positions available for clerical work as well. Please contact Registration@sakuracon.org if you are interested in this position. This position requires you to be 18 years old or older.
Registration Line Control Staff
Multiple positions available.
Registration Line Control staff are our feet on the ground to help keep our Registration lines running smoothly. From load-balancing lines to answering questions, if you enjoy a quick-paced and adaptive environment, this position is for you. The majority of this position will require you to be on your feet for extended periods of time, however, we can accommodate special needs as necessary, with advance notice. Applicants must be friendly but loud when required. Be ready to adjust to a dynamic environment and be ready to think on your feet. Please contact Membership if you are interested in staffing for this position.
Registration Development Staff
Registration Systems Coordinator
This coordinator position is for a system administrator to ensure that the Sakura-Con registration servers are maintained and properly configured for the next-year's convention. Responsibilities include: building, maintaining, and deploying Linux virtual machines; updating OS and application software for thin-pc clients; designing and configuring the IP deployment schema for the registration system network; interfacing with IT to ensure successful equipment deployment. This position calls for year-round commitment to ensure that all systems are fully functional. Must have a strong technical background and Linux practical experience. Familiarity with VMware products and DRBL is preferred. Candidates should have a desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in this position.
Love working behind the scenes? Do you love food? Staff preservation helps ensure staff members eat! Therefore, we will be serving a different hot dish for almost every meal of the convention. In order to work for us you will need to have a positive costumer service focused attitude, be able to get a food handlers card, keep our kitchen clean and organized, help prep and serve food following proper food handling procedures. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this position.
To express interest in staffing for Membership, please contact email@example.com.
Hello all potential staff members, the Operations department of Sakura-Con is looking for volunteers! Not only will you get a free staff membership and avoid those registration lines, but you will directly contribute to helping do what it takes to make the convention run smoothly. We have multiple positions open which are as follows:
Main Stage Back of House
The Operations department is looking for Back of House staff for the main stage. We act as stage hands in main stage, running cables, stage construction, stage strike and setup. If something non-technical needs doing, we are the ones summoned! Lifting may be required from 15-40lbs and require all volunteers to be 18+. No theater or previous stage experience required! This position is an excellent entry point for those interested in stage and theater tech, while enjoying it as a staff member at the convention! Interested? Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Audio / Visual (A/V) email@example.com
The Operations department is looking for an Audio / Video Manager who take care of all our A/V related needs for our panel, theater, and game rooms. You will be in charge of overseeing several teams to help plan, setup, and monitor these rooms during the entire convention and make sure any and all problems or tech requests for those rooms are handled quickly and efficiently. You will be working with multiple other departments in the organization to make sure that we have everything needed for all panelists and guests. We are looking for someone who has at least 2 years experience volunteering for the convention and at least 1 year at the coordinator level. You need to have experience working with more complex Audio and Visual gear, like multiple channel mixing boards and large venue projectors. If interested please send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
To express interest in staffing for Operations, please contact email@example.com.
AMV (Anime Music Video) Staffer
Looking for one additional Staffer for the AMV Room! Someone enthusiastic who enjoys watching and working with Anime Music Videos. Knowledge of AMVs and computers an asset but not a requirement as we are willing to train.
Duties would include helping to monitor and run the computer play lists, assisting with several of the interactive blocks and AMV contest. As the room runs 24 hours, potentially be available for one shift either late at night or early in the morning to monitor the room and self-play lists.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Panels Coordinator
Responsible for helping the Panels Coordinator with organizing and scheduling attendee-submitted panels for Sakura-Con 2015. We are the first point of contact for panelists and their content submissions. This position involves interacting with attendees, panel moderators and other departments (Publicity, AV, etc.) both over email and in-person. There is work both before and during the convention.
- Help the Coordinator answer questions from panelists regarding registration, panel ratings, what is appropriate during a panel, etc.
- Review the panel submissions with the help of the Panels Coordinator.
- Assist with informing panelists about the schedule and any potential schedule changes.
- Be on-call during the convention to check on panelists before and after their panel, answer questions in the Programming Office, etc.
- Be at least 18 years old (NON-NEGOTIABLE).
- Host at least 1 panel during Sakura-Con 2015.
- Have daily access to email.
- Have at least one year experience staffing/volunteering at a convention.
- Have a solid understanding of Sakura-Con’s policies.
- Be comfortable with enforcing conventions policies and content bans (based on panel rating level).
- Be available for most (if not all) of the convention days.
- Be comfortable with Excel and other Office products.
- BONUS:Have previous customer service experience.
- BONUS:Be available to attend the monthly general meetings and bag-stuffing.
To Apply: Please contact email@example.com with subject Assistant Panels Coordinator.
Assistant Miniatures Coordinator
Miniature/Table Top Gaming Room is looking to fill the Assistant Miniatures Coordinator position this year. We are willing to work with scheduling both for personal convention time and possible gaming events you might wish to bring.
Main duties include:
- Answer questions, pass out participation raffle tickets, and showcase, possibly demo various Miniature and/or Board games to attendees.
- Watch over gaming material and terrain for both Miniature/Tabletop gaming and those of guest demonstrators.
- Help setup and teardown the Miniature/Tabletop room.
- Previous experience with Asian/anime/video game themed skirmish level miniature gaming (Malfaux, Anima: Tactic, Relic Knights, Robotech RPG Tactics) or board games (Super Dungeon Explore, Krosmaster: Arena, Tsuro) is preferred but not required.
- Comfortable talking to people, polite and helpful.
- Over 18yrs as we are going to be running the Miniature/Tabletop room 24hrs.
To Apply: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with subject Assistant Miniatures Coordinator.
Programming Office Coordinator
The Programming department is seeking an organized and service oriented individual to lead our Office team. A qualified individual should be self-reliant, a strong email communicator, think quickly on their feet, and be passionate about problem solving in a constantly changing environment. Previous leadership experience as well as previous convention experience is preferred.
The core duties for this position include:
- Ensure the security and functionality of the Programming office and its equipment
- Hire a team of staff, responsible for problem solving for the department during the convention
- Help create training material for staff, and produce a work schedule for them
- Act as the point person for all issues being brought into the Programming office, direct and dispatch staff as required, and confirm that all problems are dealt with fully and in a timely manner
- Coordinate communication between the Programming office and other departments
The Programming Department is looking for several Panel Moderators to help the 2015 convention run smoothly! Panel Moderators are the link between the panelists and the Programming Department. They support the panelists, help with line control, uphold convention rules, and record basic information about the panels to provide the best content year after year!
Panel Moderator Requirements/Duties include:>
- Providing quality assurance while attending panels.
- Be responsible, helpful, and show up for all required meetings and shifts.
- Be able to work 16-18 hours during the convention.
- Be comfortable talking to people and working with attendees, guests or panelists.
- Be familiar (or be dedicated to becoming familiar) with the convention rules.
For more information please email email@example.com.
To express interest in staffing for Programming, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office Staff: Handles filing of incident reports, after-hours peace-bonding, checking SAS staff in and out of their shifts, and radio/nextel distribution.
Please email SAS@Sakuracon.org to apply!
Community Groups Coordinator
Responsible for scheduling support and at-con logistics support for cultural presenters. Must be 18+ and have experience working with the public or customer service. Knowledge of Japanese cultural arts desired. Prior knowledge/experience with Sakura-Con required.
Please contact Public_Relations@sakuracon.org for more information and to apply.
Responsible for coordinating local street team style advertising, including coordinating flyer and poster distribution to the greater Puget Sound via mailings and hand delivery at local events. Must be 18+ and have experience working with the public or customer service required. A background in sales or marketing preferred. Prior knowledge/experience with Sakura-Con required.
Please contact Public_Relations@sakuracon.org for more information and to apply.
Reception is looking for volunteer staffers. Reception is the front desk for the convention main offices. Reception's main purpose is to help staff and attendees alike to find the information or resources they need to answer their questions.
This position requires good customer service skills, a calm head, and the ability to solve problems. Customers service experience and prior Sakura-Con attendance are strongly preferred.
If you are interested please send a short resume to email@example.com and include the following information in you email:
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Primary E-Mail Address:
- Are you available for Sakura-Con Staff Meetings? list of meetings here.
- Are you planning to be at the convention on Thursday?
The Cartographer is responsible for drawing maps and floor plans of the convention space and surrounding area for use by attendees and staff, keeping them updated with current information. Coordination with other staff departments will be essential for obtaining planning information and requirements for room usage.
- Proficiency with vector drawing software, such as Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw, and/or CAD software such as AutoCAD
- Ability to export drawings to multi-page PDF format
- Ability to handle confidential information.
The Cartogropher will complete an area map showing con-affiliated hotels, general floor plans showing rooms used by Sakura-Con within the convention center ("macro" room layout), floor plans for the Exhibitor's Hall booths and Artist Alley tables, individual rooms in the convention space showing arrangement of tables, chairs and stage risers - "micro" room layouts.
If you are interested please send inquiries or a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Merchandise Booth Staff
The Merchandise Booth is still hiring for general staffers. Located next to the Main Stage, the Merchandise Booth is one of the most popular attractions at Sakura Con.From T-shirts to Tumblers, we have it all and we need your help to make sure all members have a fun and friendly experience at the booth.
Merchandise Booth Staff Requirements:
- Must be 18 years old or or older
- Be responsible, helpful, and show up for all required meetings and shifts
- Must be able to work 16 hours minimum as per volunteer requirements
- Be familiar (or be dedicated to becoming familiar) with the convention rules
- Previous cash handling or customer service experience strongly preferred, but not required
to express interest or for more interest, please contact email@example.com
Sakuracon Attendee Services (SAS) Staff
Sakura-Con Attendee Services (SAS) is the public information and services division of Sakura-Con. SAS interact with everyone present within the convention center, including WSTCC Staff, Industry Guests, Sakura-Con’s own Volunteer Staff, and Attendees.
The following skills are required for all SAS staff positions:
- Attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Dispatch skills involving 2-way radios
- Policy enforcement
- Long period of standing or walking may be required
The following positions are available under SAS:
Responsible for crowd control and rules during all main events and dances.
responsible for patrolling the convention center and interact with attendees and convention center staff to provide policy enforcement and crowd control.
Line Control Staff
Responsible for Panels' lines and autograph line assistance as required by main events.
Lost and Found Staff
Responsible for tracking, storage and return of items lost during the convention. This position requires technical skills using Windows computers, Microsoft Excel and Word.
Package Check Staff
Responsible for checking in packages and props during main events.
Responsible for manning the peace-bonding booths during the hours that registration and the dealer’s hall are open. Ensures that all weapon props are peace-bonded and maintains the peace-bonding contracts.
Tracks SAS radio sign outs, SAS hours and assists operations dispatch in contacting SAS as they have the list of on duty personnel. Also assists with creation of Incident Reports. This position requires technical skills using Windows computers, Microsoft Excel and Word.
If you’re interested in staffing for SAS, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Age (at con)
- Phone Number
- E-Mail Address
To express interest in staffing for Publicity, please contact email@example.com.
To express interest in staffing for Relations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
30 days, 19 hours, 51 minutes, 41 seconds until the Party Starts!
Disclaimer | Unless otherwise noted, all content copyright ANCEA/Sakura-Con, a 501(c)(3) organization.